Windows 10 has been the latest release of Microsoft, which has taken the limelight for its massive personalization features and networking support. Since it was released in 2015, it has made quite a hustle to the top when it comes to operating systems for personal computers. It has also taken over the mobile operating systems for Microsoft smartphones. A lot of changes have occurred in the operating system since its predecessor was released in 2013, Windows 8.1.
Microsoft has installed many inbuilt fonts which can be used to make your PC look appealing to your eyes. Besides the inbuilt ones, fonts can also be downloaded from the Microsoft store. And they’re all also several free text and font style packs available online.
Once downloaded, the font style packs can be installed in operating systems which are not compatible. Microsoft has kept its foot in the door by allowing third parties to provide font packs. This keeps the whole system flexible and accessible.
A few things that one should keep in mind before downloading or purchasing text/font packs are given below.
- You must have a version of Windows ten which is above 1700. The latest version of the software was uploaded in February in 2018.
- To check whether your computer is compatible, you have to reach out to the “run” option on your PC. Type “Winver.exe.”
- Though if your version is lower than 1700, it does not mean you cannot use other fonts for customization.
- Fonts can be conventionally installed on the computer.
So, since we now know that even lower versions of the operating system can be installed let us look into how.
It is not mandatory that your fonts be installed via the Windows ten option box. You can install it and use it accordingly.
How To Do Free Installation Of Latest Fonts From The Windows 10 Store –
- Step 1: You need to download the font that you want to install on your computer. This can be done from two verified sources, one of them being Google fonts. Another one is the traditional Microsoft store.
- Step 2: Open the Microsoft store from your PC. If you are unable to access the store, activate your “windows update” option or troubleshoot your network problems.
- Step 3: Search for the font style you want or choose from the fonts given online.
- Step 4: Download the given file. Once you click download, it will directly start downloading the file into your directed file path.
- Step 5: Once the download is finished, go straight to the file and right click it. The install option will pop right up.
With these simple steps, any person can use any font for their personalization. It does not require much effort and is very cool to use. For people who sit on their computers for very long, or work on computers it can be a break from monotony. Anyway, it can be used by any person who just wants to change the font they are applying online their operating systems. Using a font pack virtually does not affect your computer’s performance. It is like an overlay patch for your operating system.
This very advantage makes this feature very popular among techies. Besides people enthusiastic about computers and networking, it can be simply installed by people who like to feed their eyes with pretty fonts.
The internet is filled to the brim with third parties who provide font and style packs. So its availability is also not in question. Using a font pack does not consume your RAM, though if you are operating heavily out of a small setup, it might tend to slow your computer down. But, if your computer is in good condition, it should run perfectly.