After Facebook and Whatsapp, Instagram is one social platform which has got the huge popularity and loyal audience in no time. Because of it’s easy to use features, it has become the most favourite app among the youngsters. Creating regular stories and liking the pictures of their favourite superstar has become a routine for many people. Not even youngsters, most of the working people also check Instagram during their free time in the office.
But, what if you want to get rid of this habit and return to your normal life. This is not at all easy if you have the app on your phone. To do this, you have to delete Instagram account permanently or the app from the phone.
If you don’t want to delete your account permanently, you can disable the account temporarily until the time you want. If you disable the account, all your photos, activity and updates will remain hidden from your followers on Instagram.
Follow Below Steps To Temporarily Disable Your Account On Instagram.
- Open Mozilla, Chrome or any web browser which you have on the pc. You have to open Instagram pc as you can’t disable Instagram from App.
- Go to Instagram.com and log in using your username and password.
- Once login, go to profile option and click on edit profile.
- Scroll down; you will get Temporarily Disable My Account option at the bottom.
- Click on Temporarily Disable My Account button, you will get a drop-down menu to select why are you disabling your account?
- Select the option and enter your password.
- Again click on Temporarily Disable My Account button to finish the procedure.
If you don’t want to disable the account and only want to hide your post, so choose private option while posting your pictures.
Before deleting the Instagram account, you should be aware that you can’t reactivate your account as Instagram doesn’t have that function. Also, once you delete your account, you won’t be able to create another account with the same username. In this way, you will lose your username too.
To delete the account, you have to go to Instagram Delete Account Page. You have to log in using your details. Without login, you can’t delete the account. Also, you can’t delete the account from the Instagram App.
Follow Below Steps To Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account.
- Go to Instagram Delete Account Page.
- Select the option from the drop-down menu in front of the question – Why are you deleting your account?
- After selecting the option, click on Permanently Delete My Account to finish.
For the business account, it is advisable to use temporarily delete Instagram account, as once you permanently delete the account, you won’t get your username and audience data again.